Introduction As Learning and Development (L&D) professionals, we’re tasked with a monumental challenge: to elevate our organizations, one individual at a time. Despite being outnumbered and often under-resourced, we’re driven by a blend of passion, resourcefulness, and yes, a lot of coffee! The real trick lies in our communication strategies, our ability to promote our programs, and how we engage learners.
1. Smart Internal Messaging & Marketing Visibility is key for L&D teams. To make an impact, your amazing work needs to be seen and recognized. Spending time on internal messaging and marketing is crucial. Whether it’s promoting a new workshop or an online module, effective internal messaging can make a world of difference.
2. Reaching Learners Effectively When launching a new learning experience, start with a gap analysis. Understand what’s holding your participants back. Then, tailor your training to meet these needs. The key is to communicate through channels already used by your audience. Be it Slack messages or digital bulletin boards, meet them where they are.
3. Highlight Benefits & Personalize Make sure your team understands the relevance and benefits of the learning subject. Define the learning objectives and the benefits clearly. For instance, a workshop to improve meeting effectiveness not only enhances skills but also aims to eliminate unproductive meetings. Use tools like anthym (formerly known as Donut) to segment communications and personalize your messages.
4. Blend Efficacy with Fun Learning should be enjoyable. Your L&D team is a unique brand, with its own tone and personality. Whether it’s through witty, casual, or expert communication, make sure it resonates with your company’s culture. Even small touches like emojis can add a fun element to your messages.
5. Action-Oriented Messaging Your messages should drive action. Whether it’s completing an online module or signing up for a workshop, make it easy for learners to take the next step. Embed direct links in your messages for immediate action.
6. Engagement & Effective Follow-Up Real-world impact is crucial. Encourage application of skills through weekly challenges that are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and timely. Additionally, gather feedback through online forms to continuously evolve your learning experiences.
Feedback Collection Techniques Remember, the more questions in a survey, the lower the response rate. Opt for minimal yet powerful questions, like the Net Promoter Score, or use forced ranking for more detailed insights.
Conclusion Remember, the effectiveness of your Learning and Development initiatives isn’t limited by team size. Empathy, strategic marketing, and smart use of tools and automation can drive impactful learning experiences, regardless of your organization’s growth rate.
Sign up for the anthym newsletter to receive tips, resources & special offers!
Follow anthym on the socials
Keep up with our journey on social – we're always posting something fresh!
Interested in accelerating genuine connections in your organization?
If you're a current anthym client or generally interested and would like to learn how to deploy anthym across your team or company, please schedule time with Brian Mohr.