Breathe New Life into Your Team: How to Re-Engage Disengaged Employees
Got a case of the workplace blahs in your team? Disengaged employees can be a real downer for company growth and health. But fear not! With the right moves, you can turn that frown upside down and spark new enthusiasm and commitment in your workforce.
Why Do Employees Check Out? 😕 It’s a jungle out there in the workplace, and sometimes your team members might feel a bit lost. Gallup tells us a whopping 85% of employees are just not feeling it at work. Here’s why:
- Feeling Invisible: When no one seems to notice or care about their hard work, employees’ job satisfaction can take a nosedive 📉.
- Lost in Translation: Unclear expectations and feedback can leave employees feeling adrift and disconnected 🗯️.
- Stuck in a Rut: No room for growth? That can lead to a whole lot of “meh” feelings 😒.
- Leadership Limbo: If the bosses are piling on work without aligning with their team’s values, disengagement is bound to happen 😓.
Understanding these reasons is step one. Step two? Taking action to make your workplace a buzzing hub of engagement and positivity.
5 Winning Moves to Re-Engage Your Team
- Celebrate the Small Stuff 🥳 Every win counts, no matter how tiny! Recognizing the small victories boosts morale and shows your team that yes, what they do matters. It’s like a high-five for their efforts and a great way to get those disengaged employees back in the game.
- Manager Magic 👥 Managers, you’re up! Lead by example with professionalism and integrity. Keep those communication lines wide open and be the support your team needs. Address issues, mediate conflicts, and remember: a little empathy goes a long way.
- Just Ask & Listen 👂 Dive into those chats with disengaged employees with all ears on deck. Use open-ended questions to really get them talking, and show that you’re not just hearing, but listening. Their feedback is gold, so use it wisely to make changes that matter.
- Map Out a Growth Plan 📝 Got a team member who’s lost their spark? Work with them to create a personal development plan. Identify their strengths, set goals, and find opportunities for them to learn and grow. Regular check-ins and support will keep them on track and re-engaged.
- Team Bonding Fun 🕹️ Shake things up with team-building events! It’s a chance to step away from the daily grind and have some fun. These events are a great way to boost morale, build relationships, and bring back that team spirit. Remember, participation should be encouraged, not forced.
There you have it! With these five strategies, you’re well on your way to re-engaging disengaged employees and creating a workplace that’s buzzing with energy and enthusiasm. Ready to get started? Your team’s renewed spirit is just around the corner!
Sign up for the anthym newsletter to receive tips, resources & special offers!
Follow anthym on the socials
Keep up with our journey on social – we're always posting something fresh!
Interested in accelerating genuine connections in your organization?
If you're a current anthym client or generally interested and would like to learn how to deploy anthym across your team or company, please schedule time with Brian Mohr.